View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #88
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat View Post
Well it did arrive okay but in germany...
Apparently i paid for shipping to germany but the bill said holland somehow. So i went to pick it up and had a few beers at a friends place along the way.
They got a big warehouse and apparently storage is free, at least for the first few months

I know your bike doesn't have the looks but is it still valuable enough to ship back?

By the way, i'm translating my rr to english and post it later up here. But i have the impression that walter and gang is delaying
Thanks for the paneuropa.de shipping info.

The bike value doesn't really justify shipping cost, but I also have to consider the "opportunity cost". And the bike does give me some good memories (Cliff nightmares excluded!).

My 2 options are freight from UB to Germany like you did or put it in a truck/train from Yakutsk/Magadan to Moscow (I fly there) and then ride home from Moscow.

Which option I choose depends a lot on timings. There's also a 3rd option that is to ride the bike from Magadan back to Tajikistan to ride the Pamir Highway that I missed in 2012 and then freight home from Kyrgyzstan, but this is the least likely option at the moment.
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote