View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #150
Frankbonatelli
always on the road

Oddometer: 9
Did a 9000 mile rounder June 2012, from BC Canada to Grand Canyon USA and back on my v7 Scrambler. It was a round about journey connecting a few hot spots like Canyon lands trail, Moki Dugway, valley of the gods, Cotton wood trial and Stephens pass. Plus a whole lot of unknown dirt tween them all. Got lost lots (GPS is your friend most days). Got stuck in snow, crashed in snow. Got stuck in mud, crashed in mud and lets not forget sand heat sweat fear and fun. We found the whole range of adventure.
Most of the journey we planned for off road adventuring connecting the fun with as few blacktop roads as we could. My brother on his triumph scrambler and me on my v7 scrambler. We traveled an average of 450 to 500 miles a day through snow mud and sand it was one of the best rides I've done in years. Less when we were lost or stuck or just plain beat down from the struggle of that day. The v7 is a natural off road.

This season will see new rear suspension and progressive springs up front. Maybe a journey north to Yukon, NWT or Alaska. Yet to be decided.

Frankbonatelli is offline   Reply With Quote