View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #62
biensur22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
I'll have to pick up one of those oring kits today when I go out there.

I didn't do a write up, mainly because there's nothing to write. I started with a 170main, 40pilot and an erm needle from sudco. Because the carb I used didn't have a bell on the air box side I had to enlarge its diameter by inserting a 1/2" piece of radiator hose over the top of it, now the air box boot fits snug. It mounted right into the intake boot without problem. Only issue I had were my cables, but that's because my bike was setup for a dellorto phm single cable carb that use different fittings. So I had to modify them for the throttle housing on my bike, but your throttle housing should be plug and play.

All accounts indicate that the fcr will improve your mileage as well as performance, tho I only completed the install 2 days ago and haven't laid down enough track to test it myself. Like I said, mine was complicated because of my particular year 640, but even then the only hiccup was the cable.

Past Rides: 1994 KTM 400 EXC WP/D LC4 - Plated; 2001 BMW F650GS Thumper; 1970 CB175; 2003 KLR250
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote