View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #80
OrangeYZ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBDRdude View Post
In my opinion, Suzuki should take the much loved (but really outdated) DR650 and make it more like the heavy Kawasaki KLR 650 which also has its 'cult' following. You know, bigger gas tank, lower to the ground, heavier than an ox - more pavement oriented still.
Oh Hells no! One overweight non-suspended pig cult on this board is enough! And Suzuki makes the DL650 which stomps the ass off the KLR on road, and the DR650 which beats the KLR off road, even if it doesn't stomp its ass off.

Quote:
I also find the guys that ride the KLRs/DRs(for the most part) don't ride offroad as much or as aggressively as the crowd riding KTMs, Husky, GasGas and Honda XR650s!
Dangerous to say that sort of thing around these parts. These are studly adventurers here who will not hesitate to ride their KLRs faster than walking speed on the gnarliest of flat gravel roads!

Quote:
As a TRUE dual sport the perfect bike should do both equally. True??? There is NO perfect 50/50 bike. So the way I view it - The KLR/DR crowd prefers mostly pavement/dirt road stuff and the KTM, Husky, Honda XR crowd prefers the mostly true offroad stuff!
IMO, the one true 50/50 dual sport bike is the DR650, as long as you realize that 50/50 is not 100/100, or even 80/70. It is halfway good at both. The XRL is more of a 60/30 off/on, the KLR is a 10/45.
OrangeYZ is offline   Reply With Quote