View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #45
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
www.dogfoodadvisor.com

Acana for all of my dogs now, after having three dogs with elevated liver values and one dog that died of complications from liver cancer all while I thought Science Diet was still a good dog food. I'll never be able to prove that synthetic vitamin K3 in Science Diet and many other shitty dog foods had anything to do with it, but it's more than a little coincidental that the third dog that had elevated liver values in blood tests on Science diet for 5 years now has normal liver values on Acana. Go figure.

Research your dog food thoroughly. It can make a big difference in the amount of time you get with your best friend. And yes, I'm a little bitter about the loss of my Siberian, and more importantly the difficulty she went through for the last three years of her life.
Hmm...that's interesting. I just switched to Science Diet, after spending a bunch of time switching around between a few brands--some "natural," and some not-so-"natural," trying to find a seniors formula that the dog wants to upchuck. All I give a damn about is that it's reasonably tasty to him...reasonably healthy, not upchucked, and reasonably easy to clean up after. Pretty much the same criteria I put on myself (I have noooo qualms eating highly processed junk food, and I friggin' love pig knuckle, pig ear, intestines, and all that other crap we eat in Asia that nobody else wants to eat).

I'll be paying attention to the blood tests on the next vet visit.
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote