View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #184
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 841
Yosemite National Park was magnificent and a definite highlight of our summer tour, but it's time to move on. Good morning my little prince!

We will ride to the Bay Area today to catch up with family and friends.

Gorgeous roads out of Yosemite National Park-

I guess this is why trucks and RV's aren't allowed on this road-

The temperature starts to climb quickly as we descend towards Mariposa on the Yosemite Highway 140-

Hotter and hotter---

We run into a spot of roadworks where the road is down to one lane due to a landslide and we have to wait at a light and the temp climbs quickly now that we're not moving. It reached as high as 112F (nearly 45C) on the Land Yacht's display- no way I can subject my son to this kind of heat!

We reach Mariposa and I pull in to the Miner's Inn and Restaurant where we take refuge from the blazing heat outside.

They're not busy and take a liking to my son and we end up hanging out there for a few hours until the late afternoon when the heat finally starts to subside. Back on the road it's an uneventful ride to San Francisco, and while we cooked during the day, San Francisco lived up to it's reputation ("The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" Mark Twain) and the temperature dropped quickly as soon as we crossed the Bay Bridge and we arrived at our destination quite chilled!
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT

TonyBKK screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 06:09 PM
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote