Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #5030
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Loving my Ferdi battles last night, but various team-mates did not. Cat-calls of "camper", "nub", and "worthless" (despite damage scores in the thousands, but no kills on the public screen) abounded. Skid and BB and I had a good laugh over it, but it's a little surprising that players in the Tier 8 bracket have so little understanding of how a power TD ought to be played, and how to play it on various maps. One I hung back on, was critical to our survival as a flank caved and 2 big bad guys came screaming down the east slope of Fjords and I popped their heads from the arty peninsula. Surprised the shit out of them, but team members called me a worthless camper.

El Haluf, I'm sniping across the way all battle long, and near the end, a friendly A-20 or some such, platooned with a dead guy who was spending all his time insulting me, fired a shot into my back as I was positioning for whatever was coming over the hill next. He was my first intentional team-kill in months, but the little fucker had it coming. Couldn't let it go, either, opened a private channel to me and started raging after we were back in the garage.

Some people, I just don't understand.
I've seen a lot of that kind of crap going on recently. The ignore is your friend, and you can add people to it during battle. Last night, I had a dead T29 taunting me as I took on two of his teamates solo in M103 and killed one of them before they got me. I look him up and he's a 3300 battle, 45% win rate player. I opened a private chat box after the battle and politely told him that he didn't have a lot of room to talk smack and put him on the list.