View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
Carter Pewterschmidt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon12 View Post
+10 - What Navin said.

BMW ruined Husky from my point of view. TE450/510/610/630 were much better in their niche than the BMW replacements. The Nuda would have been great if it had a little more development - what BMW should have done with the Rotax-designed 800cc motor in the first place. But to me, that's not enough Italian and too much Bavarian, not the other way around. I don't know about all of the R&D, People and money that the article says went from Munich to Italy - it doesn't show to me in the BMW motors dropped into Husky frames. Maybe it's all in the QA/QC and production processes?
Agreed. Husky is a cool brand and when BMW started turning them into F650s I was worried. Husky is supposed to be like a badass, race tuned kind of brand, maybe a level shy of KTM which is cool. But BMW was going to turn them into the same bland, boring, vanilla bike they make, just with a red valve cover lol.

I am interested in purchasing a Husky supermoto bike sometime in the future so I hope they get sorted and start throwing some options out there.
Carter Pewterschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote