View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #87
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
15K miles on my '02 DRZ 400 mostly off road, and the head was never off it (except for my power increase mods), valves never needed adjustment after original bed in. The DRZ was durable, the mod money I spent on it for the Yosh full exhaust, cams, suspension revalve/srpring and carb added up to a savings in the end, as I enjoyed it or 8 years. Put that bike through tortorous hell riding with KTMs and WRs and the like. It never flinched. It did manage to bruise a few egos along the way though. Do not underestimate a well ridden and modded DRZ400. The DRZ was good to me in the end, too, it sold for the $2,650 asking price in 2 days. The buyer recognized it was a very well maintained and set up bike, rode a fat wheelie past my house, came back and said SOLD!
Great and accurate comments on the DRZ! And really great pics! Wow, that radical downhill is Hair ball!

I owned an '01 DRZ400E. Great bike, rode it 3.5 years. Great trail bike ... but not a great road bike. Low gearing, no ability to carry gear. The DRZ400 S is better ... but the E model is SO MUCH nicer to ride. As you pointed out (and few seem to realize) the E and S models are very different ... and about 30 lbs. weight diff.
Cheers!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote