View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #55
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
And humans can survive on gruel. But with all we've learned about nutrition we know how to eat better. I try to treat my pets the same way.
I wasn't talking about survival You can look at it that way, but I've studied those animals, they weren't malnourished

I agree that there is bad food and there is good food, but there's also a lot of hype and psychology involved- i.e., directed at the ones with wallets... And yes, corn might not be best in a way (hint- look at nations where corn is a staple, they don't face same health problems as more developed countries), but as far as I know it's not as simple as 'a food has corn hence is bad'. The way is processed,most kibbles are at a high temp destroying most nutrients, the extra crap in there, way it's bagged, the other food the dog gets, genetics, immediate environment, and the list goes on.

It's easy to teach a dog to like veggies and fruits- use those as treats, and not the garbage that's advertised as treats. Similarly, use dry food that has the least amount of ingredients, and less processing.
Use dry food as an add-on, not the main meal. Feed less than it says on the bag, haven't found one food where the intake wasn't grossly increased.

Ko

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote