View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #40
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,802
I think it sounds good that the KTM ceo wants out from under the coming Bajaj ownership and into Husqvarna as a competitor! I would love to see Husky go after KTM up and down the line and dump the bmw stuff and get back to Husqvarna designs! I just hope he has investors with deep pockets after bmw ran off so many of the original husky dealers. The translation below is a bit confusing, I think it says that Stefan Pierer and his group own WP suspension and would bring that to Husqvarna with them???

Here's another source
http://solomoto.es/1/1359562650/actu...a#.UQnAzL80WSo

"Since the brand Indian Bajaj became a shareholder of KTM , in 2007, with 14.5%, its president Stefan Pierer never been entirely comfortable . When in 2011 the Indian brand bought more shares to reach 39% of the Austrian brand, and in March 2012 to reach 47%, Pierer felt even more uncomfortable, because presumably the brand india buy more shares and eventually leaving him side in no time, taking control of "their" ship.

It was a matter of time that Bajaj pass to have a 51% minimum, to shed Pierer , but before that happens, Stefan will step forward: sell all its shares to Bajaj, and with the money you receive buy Husqvarna . The operation is done through the company Pierer, Cross Industries AG , and is this that becomes the owner of Husqvarna shortly.

Cross Industries AG is a conglomerate created by Pierer, which brings in its structure to 50.6% of KTM, the brand Pankl to mechanical components, Wethje signature of carbon fiber components, suspension WP and signing Kiska design . What can this mean? Well that KTM are no longer designed by Kiska and not equip more WP suspensions, that would work for Husqvarna.

The operation is to be announced shortly, so we must be vigilant."
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote