View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #3166
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
I would suggest that you keep looking; I have a relatively junky Southwind RV that's worth about $5K and it has a good generator. Good enough that I may scrap out this RV rather than sell it simply because the parts are worth more than the whole (with that said if your travels take you to the San Antonio, TX area and you need an occasional RV then drop me a line and we might kick something around).

Good places for RV bargains are eBay (search for repos and no reserve sales - you see some bargains every so often), Craigslist, and www.RVTrader.com

When looking for something in the USA remember that this is a big country (although I am sure that you know that) and even Texas is big enough that some RVs may not be economical if you have to travel across the state to pick it up.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks John.

Yes I've been watching Ebay auctions and noticing the difference in prices for decent small Class B's and how the smaller Class C's built on the same van chassis are a lot cheaper. Guess the easier parking of Class b's is the reason...or could be the reliability and stoutness of steel construction versus the cheap wall construction of the cheaper Class C's.. The Class C's offer more space and a cheaper price point however they make using it around town and storage a bit of a nightmare.

A shame Texas is that far away or we could definitely work something out. If anyone knows of anything within a days drive of LA keep me in mind. John thank you for the generous offer wish you were a little closer.

One of my concerns in reading this thread is that the motorhomes need to be kept running and not stored to maintain reliability. I only need it for four months per year using it about 4 days per week, then it will sit while I'm overseas which makes me nervous. One of things I don't want to do is spend weeks sorting it out once I land back in the states before heading off in it. Maybe it simpler to insulate and panel an extended van and use a propane cooking stove and heater and call it good.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote