View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 AM   #85
Forseti
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishrCutB8 View Post

I just found out the. Is a really good Moto Guzzi dealer (Macchina Europa) near me as well...
I love my Stelvio. Easy to maintain. Good 2up. Lots of character. Love the motor! I take it damn near anywhere.
It is heavy. Caries it well but yea it is heavy.

Real good on long hi-way tours for multiple hours. Good on dirt roads/logging/fire roads (with proper tires of course) even ok on two track but will need to run slower than you would on a wr250 or some such. Avoid swamps etc.

Easy maint. do it yourself valves etc. fluids every 10K and that's it.

If you are like most people the amount of real off road you end up actually doing will be less than originally thought unless you go with a small streetable dirt bike like a wr250 that will suck 2up.

If you want a bike with soul I would not suggest the DL. Good do it all bike but tends to be rather... shall we say uninspiring to ride. The Ducati?? Blast to ride and lots a power and capable I am sure, but I find the riding position too tight. (I'm 6'4") Tiger? well... the wife just purchased a 2000 so we will see... lol. Buel? belt drive and dirt don't mix well and the fan would drive me nuts, poor tire selection for dirt/road combination. GS? well.... IMO. The stelvio is just as capable but with more soul... and I think it feels better.... with no servo/canbus/final drive issues.

ymmv

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perpetually rejuvenated illusions.
Albert Einstein
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote