View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #3169
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
One of my concerns in reading this thread is that the motorhomes need to be kept running and not stored to maintain reliability. I only need it for four months per year using it about 4 days per week, then it will sit while I'm overseas which makes me nervous. One of things I don't want to do is spend weeks sorting it out once I land back in the states before heading off in it. Maybe it simpler to insulate and panel an extended van and use a propane cooking stove and heater and call it good.
There are places that will store and maintain your RV. I know of a guy in Germany that fly's in to Albuquerque & picks up his rig for Jeep Safari every year. They'll have it prepped and ready and even pick him up at the airport. I'm guessing it's not real cheap but if you can afford it, that would be the way to go.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote