View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #14217
Iron_Floyd
BIG ENDURO FREAK

Oddometer: 22
This is No. 1 Transalp mods thread on the Internet! I'm following this thread for about a year now, and I'm very pleased to post some of my mods and upgrades here.

So, here we go

In the year of 2012, it was 20 February ( I remembered it because it was my birthday), I had crash on the snow with speed of about 25 to 35 km/h. When I started that little journey of 45 km to my home that day, It was chilly but very nice weather for daily ride. But unbelievably, after 20 km of sunshine road, I was suddenly hit by snow blizzard. Anyway, a fell first time, the second time, and the third time was the hardest hit to road. I was absolutely fine, but I didn't believed how easily everything cracked. The fairing was cracking like it was made of glass. The outside temperature was about +2 degrees centigrade, and the aftermath is... the side cases were givi and completely destroyed, the right crash bar took a major damage and also damaged my side panel fairing, and because of side cases, motorcycle roll over on the front windshield destroying it completely, and my front faring was also heavily damaged. And when I picked up a bike, and put it on side stand, it fell again... I was like ... put it upright again and realized that side stand snapped!

So, here is is the picture 20 minutes before crash that day

And pictures about 2h hours after getting home...

And what left from side case's

In one hand, I was like.. omg my trusty old honda , and in the other hand I was glad that happened near my home.. because otherwise the same crash as that could and my journey anytime.

Repairs and mods:

So, the side stand.... more rusty than trusty... and do you believe that whole your bike is sitting on this thin wall tube crap???

On the left is the tube with thicker wall that replaced old one, and on the right side of the picture is original hoooonda.. snapped tube..

And finished moded side stand with thicker tube, and bigger surface mud/sand proof surface but still unpainted, only rust protected

It will be continued

Iron_Floyd screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 07:11 AM
Iron_Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote