View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #20340
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post

Anybody interested in the 10k in April? I'm trying to get motivated to do it and hopefully lose 20lbs.. looking for like minded folks in similar state of disrepair to meet up once a week for moral support, Sat or Sunday morning. I like Henricus down here in Chester, 5 mile loop, flat, wooded, follows the old river channel. We can mix the locations up.

Many of you already know how old/fat I am. Throw in gimpy knees so there's no illusions of burning up the course. At this point I'd be happy to run the whole thing.
I probably really need to do this. Maybe the old group accountability thing is what I need. I'm fat and have the bad knees too. You are probably still faster than me. I never regained the muscle I lost 10 years ago after breaking my leg and being on crutches for 8 months. I have to ask though, are we going to trade Friday RTE for SAT/SUN walk/run to eat (henceforth known as W/RTE)? I short circuited the food discussion because we all know ADV would within 4 posts turn exercise into a discussion about food.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote