Thread: Go Sportsters
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #2125
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaboy View Post
My friends tell me to go bigger, but the Sporty is what I like, nothing against the bigger bikes, they just don't do anything for me. Coming off a Ninja 400R.......I am going bigger.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not a "Harley rider". I am a motorcyclist that just happens to have a motorcycle made by Harley Davidson. Before seeing the 48 the first time I had no interest in anything H-D. Never did. It was actually just a fluke that I even went into the dealership in the first place. In fact, it was a customer's 48 sitting out front that originally peaked my curiosity. Then once I saw mine (or one like it at least), with the gold bass boat paint job.... First H-D to even turn my head...

I think some guys are hung up on the whole male ego thing too. Then again, size probably has a lot to do with it. I'm not a big guy. I'm about 5'7" and weigh a whopping 145ish pounds, so a Sportster fits me well. If I was 6'4" and topped 250, I'm sure I'd feel differently. Now, don't get me wrong... If they produced my bike with a big inch motor... Or even if it came stock with a Buell top end and could be making close to 100hp, I'd be all over that! My Buell S1 does feel a good bit quicker. But I digress. They are different machines with different purposes in mind and I new that going in. I have faster bikes already. I really just wanted exactly what the Sportster offers. Or I will at least, once I get my NRHS filter on it, get the fueling right, and then get my suspension up to snuff.... Does it ever end?

I sure hope not!!
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote