View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #365
AnjinSan OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Hola amigos,

the news are not so good, but the bright side is that they are not so bad neither. So after 2 days I still haven't been able to find a replacement for the chain and sprockets.

I have the option to buy it from US but a friend from Argentina told me that it might be very complicated to take out from customs the package... as there are huge delays...

Then the shop from Punta Arenas initially responded that they don't have them in stock but can order and would be there in 48 hours. I've said OK, that sounds good, and asked how much would it cost and... no answer since then :)

So today, after 2 days of ineffective internet, we decided to go for Rio Gallegos and go directly to the moto shop there. Eh, 330 km in incredible winds later... we arrive in Rio Gallegos only to find everything closed as there is a grande feria

But still, the good news is that we are here, we are alright after the amazing winds and still tomorrow we have a chance to find the shop open and... how knows, maybe they will have what we need.

The other good news is that now, after I've adjusted the chain, it doesn't make the awful sound anymore. But still... the front sprocket is quite worn and shark fin style.

So our dilema, if they don't have it in stock and we need to wait x days for them to come, should we try to get to Ushuia and back in the mean time (~1100 km round trip). Otherwise... there is nothing much in Rio Gallegos (especially without moto...)