Thread: SA Adv Riders
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #8867
Fipsy
form. gonescratchin

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzwalker View Post
You can go along Mongalata rd (7 gates to open!) then cut across to the Dares hill rd then past Ketchowla, you can turn right at Ketchowla and cut across to the road to Braemar. Or carry on past Ketchowla and turn right at Pine Creek rd this will also take you to Braemar.
These roads are all good and more scenic than your intended route.
Drzwalker
Pandappa was on the route only cause I hadn't been there before, but now it looks like we'll bypass it. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

Yeah, I hadn't forgotten the gates on Mongolata Rd! Seeing as we're likely to have dinner at Burra, it'll be dark heading up to Caroona , so I figured we'll take the easy option and just head up the Caroona Rd to the eastern entrance on the Friday night, and head out via the western entrance on the Sat morning. Plan B will be to stay at the old school house at Mt. Bryan East (MBE) instead (not much quicker to get to, but does save a bit of time in the morning bypassing Caroona).

I'll check out your suggestion re Ketchowla and Pine Creek - 'scenic' is preferred. Having not been up that way at all before, I'm open to suggestions.

Any idea on rough time frame getting from MBE to Yunta via your suggested route? I was thinking about 3-4 hours depending on photos tops etc.

Fipsy screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 03:32 PM
Fipsy is offline   Reply With Quote