View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #2378
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Oddometer: 1,017
Just bought my first handgun (Ruger LC9) a couple of weeks ago and have spent way to much at the range on 9mm, so figured I would buy an inexpensive .22 to save some cash on ammo - if I can find any, but that's a different thread..

Have a couple of options I am looking at. First is a used Astra Constable at a LGS. $250, seems in decent enough shape, some patchiness on the bluing, and mild surface corrosion on the plain steel parts (hammer,trigger etc) but a real neat looking gun. All functions seem to work as expected. Shop policy is they will fix any problems that arise within a reasonable amount of time after the sale.

For the same price though I can get a new Beretta NEOS from Academy - although the local store only has the two tone ($300) at which price point opens up the Browning Buck Mark and S&W equivalent option.

I used to shoot a Ruby (Llama) .22 revolver with my dad way back in my early teens, but never have used a .22 semi auto.

So, what do the experts here think?