View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 2,975
I put an american standard 1.28 gal flush toilet in our house 3 months ago. . . . the old (1960s) toilet didn't flush that well, and I'm interested in saving water. I was prepared to spend a few hundred bucks and buy a nice dual flush model, but I looked at the flush efficiency and prices, and decided I'd probably save more water with a 1.28 gallon model, and it promised to flush anything. I think I paid around $120 bucks, the box included a wax ring and new supply hose, and it's worked perfectly every flush. Oh, and big unexpected bonus: cleaning the toilet got a lot less frequent and a lot easier; a lot of newer toilets have super slick glazes on the inside so that crud doesn't stick/mildew doesn't grow.

I think people who resist new high efficiency toilets must have gotten burned on the first wave of 1.6 gallon toilets. . . things have come a long way since then. I used to only recommend Toto, since they were heads and shoulders above other toilets. Nowadays, it's pretty easy to find a low flow toilet that actually works, costs less than $200, and goes in in an hour.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote