View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #848
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
I usually tie my tools, and extra gear I don't want to wear.

I'd like to rig up a better way to carry the tools and tubes though. That's a lot of weight up high on the bike. I usually have my camera gear inside the box. Good idea, running power to the box.
I like the idea of having strap points for small items on the top box.

Rigging the charger inside the box was super easy. Drill a hole big enough for the quick connect to slide through and a rubber grommet (actually had to use 2, one that fit the ID of the hole in the case I had to drill and on for the OD of the cord, but it seemed to all fit together pretty well) to make it water resistant.

Could probably make it watertight with latex or other flexible sealing compound, but I am content with the rubber grommets.

The best way that I have seen to get a small tool roll lower down on the bike is a 4" aluminum (or PVC) tube

this is what the previous owner did for my bike after breaking a couple of the plastic tool tubes out there

like this...

if you want to see some of the other ideas he had, I will offer his blog-site. We don't agree on how to do everything, but I'll give him this, when he does something he doesn't go half way!

http://shortwayround.co.uk/suzuki/

Cheers!

02 Suzuki DL1000 - 06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 06 DR650 - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote