Originally Posted by atlas cached
More info here.
Buying DVD versions is my first choice, AFTER checking GPSFileDepot for free maps that have the information I need.
This was why I was asking (from your link):
These are default map names used by Garmin. Do not use these file names when naming your maps.
- gmapprom.img | Primary or Pre Installed Map
- gmapprom1.img | Secondary Map
- gmapbmap.img | Device Base Map
- gmapoem.img | OEM Installed Map (can not be disabled in Map Settings)
- gmapsupp.img | Map written to device or uSD card by MapSource, BaseCamp or MapInstall
Let's say I get the DVD for City Navigator and BlueChart, will they both use gmapsupp.img as the fileame when transfering the maps to the SD card, overwriting each-other? Or are they kept seperate, allowing you to select which you want to use? Again, I just want to be able to load all my maps onto an SD card (maybe have the Topo built-in w/ the 650t) and not have to switch SD cards or re-load maps from a PC.