View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #26
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
That is a pretty good deal on a 15" laptop. But... mine is 17" though, which jacks up the price. Plus, my 5-year-old specs are pretty much the same as that new laptop.

Anyway, if I buy a new laptop, I want something better. I want the latest and the greatest, you know, for only $300. Is that too much to ask?

Just kidding. Does that make sense, or am I thinking wrong? I guess I'm hoping to avoid the hassle of transferring everything to a new laptop, installing programs, yada-yada-yada.

I'm not against buying a new laptop, I just think for a couple hundred $ I'm still better off fixing mine.
If it's a cheap fix that's not too bad, I'd get a quote for just fixing that part first.

Just to see if it really is worth upgrading what are the specs of your current one?

If you have an external monitor or HDTV you could hook it up to go into the start menu and right click on computer and go to properties, then find out what specific processor it is and how much RAM you have. The big thing is getting that CPU model number, like mine is a Intel Xeon CPU W3540 @ 2.93GHz the part underlined is the important part to see how it does in benchmarks.

The reason I say this is you might have an i5 at the same speed as a current laptop but that new one is a few generations more advanced so it could be multiple times faster than your current system.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote