View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #28
Mr_Gone OP
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
If it's a cheap fix that's not too bad, I'd get a quote for just fixing that part first.

Just to see if it really is worth upgrading what are the specs of your current one?

If you have an external monitor or HDTV you could hook it up to go into the start menu and right click on computer and go to properties, then find out what specific processor it is and how much RAM you have. The big thing is getting that CPU model number, like mine is a Intel Xeon CPU W3540 @ 2.93GHz the part underlined is the important part to see how it does in benchmarks.

The reason I say this is you might have an i5 at the same speed as a current laptop but that new one is a few generations more advanced so it could be multiple times faster than your current system.
So what I've got is a Toshiba X205-SLi1.
2 X 128GB hard drives.
4GB DDR2 SDRAM with 800 MHz bus
64-bit OS
Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 / 2.0 GHz
17" screen
2 X PCI Express x16 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - 512.0 MB DDR SDRAM
HDMI
6 x USB 2.0 slots

And it's red. Which, as everyone knows, is the fastest color on motorcycles, so it ought to be the same for laptops, also. Right?

Undoubtedly the new i5 and i7 chips are faster. But my current boot time is less than a minute. Windows Office programs like Word and Excel load in a second or two, and Photoshop CS5 loads in about six or seven seconds.

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Mr_Gone is online now   Reply With Quote