View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #123
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Wow, this is seriously cool. Love that bulldog, always been my favorite breed. I already have 3 scooters, but this really makes me want to get a Ruckus off craigslist and do the conversion. I like the "no bling" approach. Could probably do the whole thing for around $3K. I "only" weigh about 230, so I should be ok. I see a lot of things I could do with a scooter like that using some stuff I already have, and paint. Chrome is expensive, paint isn't. Since it is such a simple project, it looks like something I could actually get done without getting bogged down due to a lack of time.

Only thing that concerns me is the legal status of such a scooter. We have some real pricks for cops here, and it would have to be registered as a 50cc, and most cops could probably tell it was bigger than that, plus what would you register it as? No insurance company here that I know of will insure a home built vehicle, so it would have to be insured as a 50cc as well, which I could likely get away with, unless I had an accident. Then my insurance probably wouldn't be any good.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote