View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #585
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
Hey nomadgal when you get a new chain if you keep it well maintenance and oiled you can easly get 40 to 50,000 miles on a chain most of the guys in Fssnoc use White Lithium Grease most of the older guys use the kind in a tube but i use the kind in a spray can and if you apply it every 300 to 400 miles your chain will last a really long time and when you put it on the chain it does not go flying all over your tire which is really nice just make sure you aply it to the inside of the chain so the Centrifugal force will pull it through the links of the chain its kinda of a old school way of doing it but it works very well probley would not hurt to do it on your current chain now might help it last alittle longer :)
Hey Rowdy Never used white Lithium grease, but I do oil it every 500 miles. It all depends on how much on/off road you do. Seeing as I've been riding in quite a lot of dirt my chain gets coated in fine sand etc, which really does a number on o-rings I hear. Maybe if you just do asphalt riding a chain might last longer, but not where I go.
I love the Regina chain I have though, I will definitely get another one!
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote