View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #2085
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
I was suprised to find that Hesketh still existed at all. Nothing on that website, except the homepage, would open in my browser.

I was thinking how Hesketh attempted to start a new motorcycle company at the high end of the market with a complete design. Unlike Bimota for example which makes high priced exotica using engines from other companies. Considering that the Motus engine was developed by a seperate company, Bimota might actually be a better comparison.

Quote:
TP's Newsround

Hesketh Still Open For Business

Despite being burgled in August, Mick Broom is determined carry on with plans to hold an open day at the new Hesketh Works premises on Sunday 17th September 2006. Hesketh Motorcycles moved from its original home of Easton Neston to Mick's new base for Broom Engineering, adjacent to Silverstone circuit at Turweston Aerodrome.

Over £40,000-worth of parts, bikes, test and production equipment were taken in the robbery, along with many office records and the contents of the workshop. Inevitably, this has affected Mick's plan to expand the business and open a showroom, rolling road, engine dyno and metal finishing shop, and this scheme has been put on hold.

The Open Day is going ahead, however, and Mick hopes to display the full range of Hesketh V-Twin motorcycles, from the original V1000 to the latest Vulcan 1200. Staff will be available for demonstrations and to answer questions; other British manufactures will be in attendance with trade stands, and some notable bikes of interest have been invited. The day coincides with the airfield's vintage aircraft fly in, with a classic vehicle family day, and hog roast to add to the attractions.
The guy in the above pic' is lord hesketh.

Link/source , http://www.realclassic.co.uk/newsfil...s06090600.html

And a bit of history as to where hesketh stands now and who owns them , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broom_D...nt_Engineering

FR700 screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 08:34 AM
FR700 is offline   Reply With Quote