Lake Wales Ridge State Forest
My brother and I were out looking for inexpensive alternate campsites to bring the kids and came across this one close to town. It is a nice quiet spot, but on a Wildlife Management Area so during hunting seasons expect people in the small campground. We were there between season and on a Sunday afternoon and it was completely empty.
1) FL / Lake Wales, Frostproof / Southeast
2) Take Walk-in-Water Road south from State Road 60, a few miles east of Lake Wales
3) $0 for camping, but $2 per person entry fee (drop box on site)
4) table / firering / porta-potti
5) Just off the road with sites scattered under live oaks. Not much to do except for hiking, but a quiet and cheap place to light overnight while riding in/through the area.
...success['s]...false resemblance to merit deceives men. --Victor Hugo
1968 Honda CB350
2011 Bonneville T100
My Blog: http://www.roaddogpub.com/node/3