View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #37
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
But in all fairness THEY ARE. KTM (and the other Euros) are the only brands where you can get a 2stroke enduro, or a hard core street legal dirtbike from the factory. .
I keep getting called an orange Koolaid drinker in Thumpers. Which cracks me up since I would jump ship in a heartbeat. I owned a KE and KD in the 70's because they were good dual sports. I liked those rotary valve two strokes better than the red and yellow bikes and just as well as the two shock DT's. So I rode gree. Actually one was yellow but you get my point. Then Yamaha dropped the monoshock bomb and CDI ignition in 77 or 78.

So then I switched to blue. Which were actually red then. I owned two Yamahas because they were clearly better, to me, than the yellow, green ones or (other) red ones. Then Yamaha lost their way and floundered in the dual sport market. So I bought a Honda red one just because those red ones were as good or better than the other stuff out there and I tripped over a good deal. Then I rode some orange ones and discovered that, for me, they were now the best dual sports.

So now I have had two of those. Of course one of those is actually black and gray rather than orange. But, if Husky suddenly becomes the best dual sport out there, I will start buying those. In other words I buy what works best for me at the time. If they happen to be orange these days, well, pass the damned orange Koolaid.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 09:00 AM
Grreatdog is online now   Reply With Quote