View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #464
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork KTM View Post
Signed up for my first SandBlast, had a question for you all. I'm not sure of my pit crew/assistance availability for the race, can these be done without pit support? I was wondering if I could leave my van at the service area during the race? Do you know if anyone does this and rides to the start or how many times we will be at the service area during the event? I was looking at pics and saw some guys with some pretty small tanks so it made me wonder how the whole gassing/pitting works with these events?

Thanks,
Kevin
Several of us do this without pit suppor and leave a vehicle at the service area. The finish is about 10 or 15 miles from the service area. You can either catch a ride back to get your van after the race or just ride the bike back to service afterwards. They like to keep all the race vehicles on display for a few hours after the race so what worked well for some of us last year was to have one guy leave his van near the finish then car-pool back to service. That way you can get your van while the bikes are still on display.

Either that or just about any of us would be happy to let you stash an fuel can and whatever else and bring it to service for you. Several of us are one man rider/crew/long haul trucker teams so we tend to help each other out.