View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
ThrottleThrill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
You know after reading thru this thread, it made me think of how I buy vehicles. Last weekend, I bought a new truck and based the decision solely on price. I contacted several dealers, told them what I wanted and whoever quoted the best price would get the business. I actually saved a lot of money and it was for the most part, pain free.

And yet, when I look at how I buy vehicles I enjoy and am passionate about (motorcycles and snowmobiles) I take a completely different approach. Because these are sports I love, I make an effort to support my local dealer. I can't tell you how many vehicles I have bought at my local shop which happens to be Ride Motorsports iin Woodinville. I know I will get a fair deal on the purchase as well as on parts and service. I truly want shops like this to do well and stay in business. I also can't tell you how many times they have saved a weekend for me by staying open a few minutes late so I could get the part that just broke, or gave me service advice that salvaged a weekend or countless other examples.

I guess my point is that the difference between a scrapped weekend and being able to ride is one of the reasons I support the local dealer vs doing mail order or shopping just on price. Also, unlike how I just bought my truck (transportation vs fun toys) I don't squeeze every dollar out of every transaction (But then again, Ride has been very fair on pricing anyway) because I want to them to be there next year and the year after. And before anyone asks, no, I don't work there, no I don't have any financial stake etc. I am just a loyal customer because I have always been treated well.

Having seen how many dealerships have failed the last few years, I believe even more in this. Just one guys thought here but, I would much rather support the local guy than see an empty store front.

T

'09 KTM 990R
'09 KTM 530 XC W
GasGas 300 Trials
'11 SkiDoo 800 Rev XP X
ThrottleThrill is offline   Reply With Quote