View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #25
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardothebeardo View Post
Love that paint scheme.

I work at a dealer and the thing that pisses me off, is the death of the stardard Harley, i.e. short/no suspension.

You plan on raising the bike at all?
Ditto. Paint looks awesome!

I agree about the suspension. Somewhere along the way it seems that H-D forgot they were building motorcycles and decided to focus on fashion accessories. But, I guess the market speaks... Surprisingly enough, if you spend much time on xlforum or other H-D specific forums, you'll find a lot of people actually LOWERING the 48, 72, and other already too low, bikes! Of course I guess if your idea of going "riding" is just a quick blast down to the local bar for a few beers and a ball game... Then standing around out in the parking lot pointing and talking about how "cool it looks"...

Whatever....

I can't wait to get longer Ohlins on the back and longer damper rods, Intiminators, and springs up front! I can't stand the bone jarring I take at the smallest sharp edged bump in the road. And I'd like to gain some cornering clearance too.

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote