View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #16743
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbec View Post
Hi guys! i have a request for you triumph owners.
My name is Jan and I am an architecture student from a small European country of Slovenia. I am in love with the scrambler and I'm doing my motorcycle driving license atm.

Because I'm an student, my finances are limited, and I have some saving ahead of me before i purchase the bike.
In the meantime I'm planning all the modifications I will be doing to the bike.

I plan to fabricate quite a few bits, and since I'm an architecture student I'm used to CAD and also other 3d visualisation software and I make my living doing architecture visualisations.

To get to the point, i plan on making a highly detailed 3D model of the original scrambler in 3ds max, that will serve for the basis of my build.
I will make detailed sketch renderings for the final build, and i will be able to design particular elements in detail ( new rear fender, etc...)

Since this is a bit different that my usual work I'm used to, i would need a lot (50 - 100) pictures of the Bike from various angles shot with a DSLR camera(from the pictures, a simple program will build a simple 3d model, that will serve as the blue print for the detailed model that I will model myself).
The pictures would need to be shot 360 degrees around the bike, with the bike being stationary (best shoot with cloudy sky - diffuse lighting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqFZD5AILU

So if there is a kind soul with some free time, it would make my day! since triumphs are rare here in Slovenia i cant photo shoot the bike myself
The model once i finish it will be free to share (it will take me some time, with all the collage duties :) )
Have you tried contacting Triumph directly, explaining your situation, and asking for some IGES, STEP, or JT files?

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote