View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #1525
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
Hi John,

Nice to read that Sherpa is coming back to life, there is nothing those old school mechanics can't fix. I enjoyed the pictures from the city tour. Internet forecast there seems rainy for the days coming with cooler temps, hopefully you can pick a route where weather gets better for you when you head out on the road again.

Best,
Vic
Hi Vic,

I can't tell you how good it felt to get the Sherpa back together, fire it up and ride around the parking garage.

I looked at the forecast, and I don't really care if it's raining. Heading out into the mountains will be a blast no matter the weather.

I just can't get over how nice the people here are in Medellin. Really warm and outgoing. Quite unusual for a big city. It makes you want to learn more Spanish. It helps to be around people who don't speak English.

I got the Sunday paper and tried working the crossword puzzle. Got more words than I thought possible before an Engineer came in for his car and finished it for me. I have been reading the newspaper and looking up all the words I don't know. Great way to improve your vocabulary.

Anyone who says Colombia is dangerous and to be avoided obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. This place is awesome!

Saludos,
Juan Paisa