View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #35
AJ990R OP
motorcycle guy

Oddometer: 199
Day 7 D2D 2012 fun

June 22 fri

Slept in & it was beautiful out. Only riding today was gonna be the poker run. I had no luggage on my bike & was actually excited to go ride it. Poker run didn't start till noon, was 80mi & a lot of what I rode yesterday, but was still excited to ride it with no luggage.Only pics I took were at the end. This is where I meet some new friends, Parrish & Justin. They came up to me after riding up the dirthill & said "your bike is making a rattle noise"

Parrish's GS1200, in a little rough shape since he had an "incident" on the way here. They fixed it up so he could still ride

Got back to my campsite after the poker run, and found Msbehave working on her bike. I ended up sharing my spot with an AK guy who had that BMW w/the red helmet. He had a hotel room with a friend but it was soo hot that weekend, he couldn't sleep in the room, each room got a fan & that was it, NO A/C. This fricken guy never even set-up his tent...just slept outside on top of it in the little grass area in the previous campsite photos.

There was a huge dinner, the local Fire Dept cooked for us & we ate in the local hockey ring. only pic I got was of the Yukon beer cooler

then it was time for the biker games, I had no intention of participating! I had my bike parked downtown & was Peer pressured from Andy on the Tenere, Justin & Parrish.....Ok, I said. Andy rode his Tenere back to the campsite to grab my helmet for me. Me demonstrating proper riding gear & the First time, I've ever ridden a bike with a bag over my head! I made it to the final round in that game

D2D-street closed down

some pics of me in the slow race, next to the machine...Hackymoto(BMW sent him to South America for their USA GS challenge team), & I'm in sandals...Also you can see the whole street scene here. Gave Greg may camera to take these

People just begining to gather for the group photo. D2D 2012 was the biggest gathering yet in Dawson!! Heard there was over 300 bikes there(they kept track)

Parrish was given an award for wrecking his bike & still making it to D2D. Apparently someone wrecks every year & this same award is re-gifted(never leaves dawson). Its was a rock that sent someone to the hospital & was painted yellow...yup, thats cut-up water bottle for a Headlamp lense. I should mention Parrish also won the poker run($350), he was in good spirits

Stayed up extremely late that night into the early morn
this was a locals truck, that I kept seeing around town, Justin saw me taking a photo & wanted to make sure I got the full effect
I think Canadians are serious about their hockey

AJ990R screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 05:45 PM Reason: details
AJ990R is offline   Reply With Quote