View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
justin.
n00b

Oddometer: 8
We went there last year with no plan, mixed camping and hotels, i don't use a sat nav so can't give you any co-ordinates or any of that stuff, i'll dig my map out tonight, but for now -

Didn't bother with Prague.

Plzen is nice, we stopped in hotel rango which is just off the main square. bike parking available round the back. we stopped two nights, had dinner there both nights with a botle of wine, worked out about 135. thats for two people, with breakfast. nice, clean, friendly, and cheap!
the brewery tour is worth doing in plzen, just to get a glass of unfiltered beer...mmm......

Sedlec ossuary in kutna hora (google it), its bizzare, if you're near - you have to go.

Trencin in Slovakia is lovely,we were sat 'people watching' in the square having a beer, and i don't think i saw more than 6 men, whereas there were stunning women everywhere. we stopped at the campsite on the island near the football stadium, a wooden bungalow was 18euro(4 beds). its a bit like going back in time, but thats what makes travelling interesting. graet view from the top of the castle.

We found a campsite that wasn't on the map(half the roads we went down were not on the map), i'll look exactly where it was when i've got the map in front of me(i highlight everything interesting). absolutely stunning setting, cheap bar, 6 per night for 2 people.

We went there on my Bonneville, two up with full luggage, so you shouldn't have any problems.
justin. is offline   Reply With Quote