View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #124
rick3foxes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaTG View Post
Watched all 7 videos a couple nights ago, pretty damn jealous. Even as difficult as it looked heading to Deadhorse.

I'm curious though, how did you manage all the video you recorded while on the trip? Perhaps I missed it in a previous comment, but all I caught was you'd used a GoPro Hero2, some of the settings you used as well as vibration reduction in post. Seems like you'd need a laptop + external harddrive, or lots of SD cards, and batteries always getting charged.

I imagine you don't leave the camera on for the entire duration, just on/off as needed?
I tried to have the camera on while in most of the remote locations, just in case something happened. But in a lot of cases I had to reach up and turn on the (helmet-mounted) camera when I saw something in the distance.
I ended up with a lot of short clips of tree stumps, drainage culverts, rocks, etc. that I edited out.

I carried two 32GB SD cards, and a Netbook PC with a pocket-sized 1TB USB drive to transfer clips from the cards.
I have a 12V power outlet and a short cable run into my tank bag for charging up a spare GoPro battery & phone while riding.

IBA #34583
2003 Connie
"...I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Frost
rick3foxes is offline   Reply With Quote