Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #1527
kwb210
who just arrived?

Oddometer: 85
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
Hi Vic,

I can't tell you how good it felt to get the Sherpa back together, fire it up and ride around the parking garage.

I looked at the forecast, and I don't really care if it's raining. Heading out into the mountains will be a blast no matter the weather.

I just can't get over how nice the people here are in Medellin. Really warm and outgoing. Quite unusual for a big city. It makes you want to learn more Spanish. It helps to be around people who don't speak English.

I got the Sunday paper and tried working the crossword puzzle. Got more words than I thought possible before an Engineer came in for his car and finished it for me. I have been reading the newspaper and looking up all the words I don't know. Great way to improve your vocabulary.

Anyone who says Colombia is dangerous and to be avoided obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. This place is awesome!

Saludos,
Juan Paisa
Can't agree more! My son Ryan rode his 1997 BMW F650 to Columbia and I flew down to meet him. I rented a bike from Motolumbia and we traveled the "coffee axis" for 10 days. Amazing riding and the people were the best. Medellin was my favorite big city. I was surprised at all the public art, it seemed to be everywhere. Ryan had intended to hang out in COlumbia for a couple of weeks before moving on, ADV post: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770001 he ended up riding Columbia for two months, just could not leave. We felt safe each and every day.
Thanks for all your effort in posting!
Regards,
Kurt