Thread: Femur Non Union
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #24
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
I had a femur non union after 4 failed surgeries I went to a different surgeon outside my region. He cut off 18 mm for a fresh bone on bone start. Used an adhesive called Cryptonite (sp?) & in his own word's (magic pixie dust) to promote bone growth & healing. Plate snapped in two after 4th surgery & being cleared to return back to work, I was walking around with the only thing holding my leg together was muscle & gristle. When the same doc who fucked up the first 4 said let's get you in for surgery #5, First thing I did was look for a better doctor. Had to use crutches & a zimmer splint until I found one. Didn't know the plate broke until after I saw the new surgeon & had xray's taken again. Felt sick to my stomach just seeing the Xray & thinking that I was walking around (in great pain & at work when the plate snapped) I hobbled out of work in a foot of snow, dragged myself into my Jeep using the cage & could barely keep pressure on the gas peddle by the time I got 1\2 way home. Called my wife to have my crutch's ready & bring them out. Doubted I'd make it into the house without them.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510

Ruffus screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 08:27 AM
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote