View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #5878
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorTroy View Post
Real funny you mention that, I'm 35 and bought my first new Beemer 3 years ago. Even funnier, in this group we ride with is a friend of mine who's in her 50s and she and her husband have a couple beemers. Her nephew is 19 and he rides with us too, he has (of course) a gixxer and a hyabusa.

Well, one day, my friend said to him "Trent why don't you just get it over with, sell those two ridiculous things and get a 1200GS, you will wind up with one eventually anyway."

A 19 year old kid, just not gonna happen.
My first BMW was a R1150R at age 23 I think. I'm 27 now and on a F800ST. I started riding at age 16 on a 1200 Bandit and most of my bikes since then have been Standard or sport touring bikes with the occasional dual sport thrown in.

I'd be on a RT right now if I could find a decent one with low miles at a price I could afford. I love the RT personally.

Not all us young guys are squiddies on sport bikes. Those of us "youngins" that happen to enjoy sensible bikes that can take us a long ways just happen to be the exception to the rule.
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote