View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #327
David R
I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer: 2,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninepeaks9 View Post
Hey ride2little,
You said it. R****R is really an all purpose bike, the reason I bought mine (R12R) after series of big sport touring bikes.
My last BMW was an RT. Sweet, but heavy and a little tall for me. I bought a KLX 250SF (supermoto) soI would not have to deal with the RT in the city. Fun bike, bu t I got into too much trouble with the law. I traded the little kawasaki for a Versys as a commuter to work. Still riding the RT on trips. The RT was just worn out. I put too much money into it ans spent too much time working on it, so I bought the new R1200R last fall. Now I have the RT, the R1200R and the Versys. Looks like the RT has to go. Still up in the air about the Versys. Right now I'm dying to ride ONE of them but we have temps in the teens (f) with snow and ice on the roads.

Its tough having a brand new R in the garage. I go out and fire it up now and then. A couple weeks ago we had a decent day so I took the Versys out because I didn't want to run the new R in the salt.

Waiting for spring!

Photo from last fall. I bought the bike new early september. It now has 6400 miles on it.