View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #45
DolphinJohn OP
Really, Really Cool

Oddometer: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future ten View Post

That pic above looks familiar John. Are we in the same class buddy ?
Be in Brighton this weekend.

Ha!! Yes, David, we are. I hope to be as fast as you some day! Congrats on the win at Brighton!!

Last week's Okeechobee race was a struggle for me with those big soft sand whoops. I managed a fifth place finish but there weren't many in our line again. Here's a cool series where I was trying to hold off one of those old Class of 66 guys. Ornery old codgers aren't they?

This past weekend in Brighton I was on Larry's (60c) wheel the whole first lap and could not get around him. Every time we came out of the woods he wood hammer that Honda and not let me get past before the trees again.

I had a real good time racing with my good friend Steve (90c) for a while until we caught up to Larry who had stalled. Steve got around him on the right and I tried to go around on the left up high on a sand berm. I ran out of room up there, stopped by the trees and tipped over with the bike nearly upside-down. I had to wrestle it down to a spot where I could kick it. By the time I got going Steve and Larry were long gone and I was never able to catch them.

All that tugging and lifting the bike sapped my energy and I couldn't push hard enough to make up the lost time. I only got two laps in because of the long course.

I'm looking forward to Sarasota. Looks like you won't be in C much longer.

See you in a couple weeks.

Here's a pic from the start of Yesterday's race in Brighton.

My Ride Reports
DolphinJohn is online now   Reply With Quote