View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #1007
Aventeren
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Great Riding With You

Dude, it was great riding with you! We had some epic days. Let's try and hook back up for a beer on my way back north--or at a minimum when I get back to B'ham and you get back to the Herm.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I started a bike shipping thread in the Americas Trip Planning forum to try and track down a solid shipping option from Santiago to Seattle. I'll keep you posted on what I find. So far, I have found one option from Valparaiso to Seattle for ~$2,000 via boat that would leave at the end of March/early April. I was hoping that the boat cost would be less than $2,000, so maybe we can pool our efforts to find a cheaper option? Heck, for $2,000 I'll probably just air freight the damn thing back to LA, and then ride from LA up to Nevada where I left my trailer.

Okay, let me know what you find out.

Oh, there is a great $11 campsite in La Lagunas. No WeFee, but it was quiet. Check my Spotwalla page for the location.

I also found a sweet stealth campsite near Puerto Viejo, which you road right by on your way south out of Caldera. I love stealth camping.

I'm currently at the La Casa Roja in Santiago, which I would strongly suggest that you skip. The WeFee is solid, but only in one area--and the place is more party than anything--so the dorms are loud. So hopefully you can avoid my mistake and get a good night's sleep.

Santiago, Valparaiso and the Coast is amazing once you get south of the desert. It's eerily like Oregon/Northern California. At one point I thought I was in the US--really.

I also found the Honda shop in Santiago--plus a ton of other moto shops. Let me know if you need a few lat/longs.

Okay, I'm about to head out for Pucon (480 miles). Hasta luego.
Aventeren is offline   Reply With Quote