Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #2890
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasBob View Post
Kalevi Vehkonen

Vehkonen Replica

He re worked the previous model 63M Gray Tank 250 MX to come up with the next generation 73M VR.
Bore was reduced from 72mm to 70MM and the stroke lengthened. The frame was completely redesigned, and looked more like the King Scorpion / 125 MX frame. The 63M frame looked like the early Husky frames with a large backbone that came down just behind the carb. The 63M and the early Huskys shared the round air filter box on the side because there wasn't room for a63M bikes, and still retained the straight fin cylinder. After #500 the "Still Better" angular tank and wavy fin cylinders were traditional air box behind the carb. The first 500 VRs had a Red tank the same style as the gray added.

When Vehkonen quit riding for Montesa Factory Team the next generation Cappras with the "Laid Down" shocks were dubbed the V75.

Awesome!!! That is the bike I wanted in the worst way. When I got the Bultaco, I found out that the down pipe was not suited for the type of riding we did! Tried to wheelie over some RR tracks and put a big dent in it. Got a Husky 250 CR the next summer ('75)
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote