View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
xcflyn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
Why is your name Krazy Johnny?

But on a serious note. I think you need to do more then the add on stuff to pull it off: I think service work is needed too.
I am in a small mountain town so to speak, and there is a guy here who is swamped all summer with work, then heads south a screws off all winter, who would think he could make it ? Then again I see every brand of bike in and out of his shop, he is reasonable in price, and top of the list - he knows his business ! This guy will add a mirror to a bike for one guy and rip apart the lower end of a harley for another. I have seen a KTM 990, gas gas, 72 shovel, and a wing all in his shop at one time. Clearly the Harley was getting a rebuild while the others were just getting a service done - thats was a joke.
But as mentioned , you need to look at the whole picture and have a real business plan. Do it on a whim and thats what you have, make a plan and stick to it. Enough passion for it and it will happen. Personally I would not partner with anyone in a business unless they were a silent parter. Families get broken up over business ventures, friendships can dissolve, and spouses find new spouses when you are working 80 hours a week (dont ask how I know that last one). Good luck !
xcflyn is offline   Reply With Quote