View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #2892
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
..I second that motion. I would guess that your H6 could keep up with the modern bikes in the woods? What does it weigh? Is that a tool box from a Honda XL hanging off the back? I see you only have a center stand. My Frontera only had a center stand so I always had to find something to lean it against which was usually a tree. I don't know what I would have done if I was out west and there wasn't a tree nearby?
Thanks!
I haven't ridden it in anger yet, but when I tested it over a few obstacles around my property It does pretty well...... flies much nicer than my modern dual sports. It's a little porky........ the factory spec sheet says 108kg, or 238 lbs, but I'm sure that's "dry". A real world magazine test, gassed up and ready to go, put it at 275. I hear what you are saying about center stand. The works shocks were built off the VB card, and are a little longer than the Betors that came on it. Same thing with the VB forks. When I'm in the dirt out back I'm always looking hump to park over or a rut to put the tires in .

The next project is on deck.................................

KansasBob screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 05:48 PM
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote