View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcflyn View Post

But as mentioned , you need to look at the whole picture and have a real business plan. Do it on a whim and thats what you have, make a plan and stick to it. Enough passion for it and it will happen. Personally I would not partner with anyone in a business unless they were a silent parter. Families get broken up over business ventures, friendships can dissolve, and spouses find new spouses when you are working 80 hours a week (dont ask how I know that last one). Good luck !
Very good advise here, Every venture I have had with a partner has eventually gone sour, remember you are marrying that person.
One thing is for sure, business is not easy and sometimes turning your hobby into a business, ruins that hobby for you, That has not happened to myself, but its came close a few times, like not being able to race 24hr events due to needing to be available for customers is a real bummer, but it goes with the territory.
The powersports industry in general is a rough spot to play in right now, I have been talking about opening up a Motorcycle boutique for years, perhaps the climate will change in the near future to the point where I feel thats the time has come.
Whatever you decide I wish you good luck.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote