View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #1195
Moonshiner
aka "B-dog"

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
The W800 is a better facsimile of a classic Triumph than the current Triumph classic line. Not to mention dealers everywhere with Kawasaki. The 'heritage' and 'prestige' of the Triumph name mean very little to me, so I'd take the W800 every time if it were available here. If it were available here, I think I would already have one, and might forego the CB1100 if it had been introduced later -- at least in such an imaginary scenario. But, most likely I will get a CB1100. Are you listening, Kawasaki?
If it hasn't been posted before in this thread, let's remember some of the attempts at "retro" that are no longer sold in the U.S. such as the Kawi W650, the Kawi ZRX, and other older Honda attempts like the GB500.

I remember when one of the mags did a comparo between the "new" Hinckley Bonnie and the Kawi W650. Their take on it was that Kawi made a better Bonneville than Triumph did. Yet, it's the Triumph that's still selling.

If the CB1100 is a success in the U.S., then maybe we'll see more of the Japanese retro bikes that we currently don't get here in the U.S. But, I'm not holding my breath.