View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #118
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
They're more than promoters. They own, sanction, and run AMA Pro Racing outright. Meaning just about everything that ran under the AMA Pro racing banner years ago. AMA’s Superbike Series, Motocross Series, Flat Track Series, Supermoto Series, Hillclimb Series and ATV Pro Racing. Supercross and Arenacross were already tied up in another agreement with Live Nation.
Actually, I think the Motocross and Supercross/ArenaCross series were sold to the Coombs family, the folks who run Racer X Magazine. Those series are very well run, very profitable, and look to be going from success to success.

I cannot figure out why the AMA Road Racing series has failed so dismally over that same period of time.

If I remember correctly, there was a bit of a scandal as to how much AMA sold those respective series off for as well - I understand they basically gave those series away, much to the financial detriment of the organization.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is online now   Reply With Quote